TREND ALERT-TREND ALERT!
So, I’m not making a scoop here, but I have had readers asking me about the spring/summer trend of Jumpsuits/rompers. Personally, I like the style. It can be very versatile going from an afternoon of running errands to a night on the town. The celebs have been wearing jumpsuits since last season, but the style has now trickled down to middle America. Most recently, I was in Forever 21, and found several interesting and affordable jumpsuits/rompers for the season.
Here are my how-to’s for wearing a jumpsuit/romper for the season.
- Jumpsuit = one with the pants
- Jumper/romper = the shorts
- DON’T wear jumpsuits with ballet flats, you’ll look like prison inmate
- DO pair jumpers/rompers with gladiator sandals/heeled sandals
- DO wear jumpers/rompers with chunky necklaces and a clutch purse
- For my Plus-Size ladies – DO wear Spanx under your jumpsuit, DO find a supportive bra, DO find a Jumpsuit that has creative pleating/draping to hide problem areas.
The following jumpsuits and rompers, similar to the celbrities, pictured were found at the FOREVER 21 website and are priced under $50.