- PRODUCING THE GOODS, 10:00am-11:30am
The production process and what it takes to source, sew and manufacture fashion in the United States. An emphasis will be placed on the importance of and challenges to keeping production in this country.
- WHAT MAKES A BRAND?, 1:00pm-2:30pm
The focus, hard work, and thought required to define, build and market a fashion brand. Special emphasis will be placed on the importance of social media and issues concerning propriety.
- SOUTHERN FASHION NOW, 3:00pm-4:30pm
An exploration of trends, characteristics, and the national and international affect of modern Southern design and designers.
Tim Gunn, fashion industry expert, renowned co-host and mentor of Project Runway, co-host of The Revolution and Chief Creative Officer of LCI, will debut the Juicy Couture, kate spade new york and Lucky Brand Jeans Spring 2012 collections in a live runway show on March 24 at The Mall at Green Hills as part of Lexus Nashville Fashion Week 2012.
Gunn will serve as the fashion show’s host and will speak to guests about the importance of style, proportion and fit. After the fashion show, Gunn will take questions from the audience in an open forum Q&A.
“It’s important that Fashion Week takes place in cities across the country, not just in New York City. Nashville has developed its own version of Fashion Week supporting local talent, and I’m thrilled to be part of it,” said Gunn.
Various Shopping Events/Designer Meet-and-Greet – Green Hills, Cool Springs, East Nashville
No matter where you fall on the fashion scale, we all shop! So, why not enjoy the fabulous shopping and sales available this week. Oh yeah, some of the designers showing this week will host meet-and-greet events, as well. Take a look at some of the events below:
- Tuesday, 20th
- By Smith Trunk Show: Designer Smith Sinrod will appear, 10 percent off By Smith Spring purchases. 10 a.m. at The Cotton Mill
- Leona Collection Trunk Show and “Sip and Shop”: Meet-and-greet with designer Lauren Leonard. 10 a.m. at Hemline
- Thursday, 22nd
- Designer Zang Toi will make an appearance at a Zang Toi Fall 2012 Trunk Show. 10 a.m. at Gus Mayer
- Tuft Trunk Show: Designer Jessica Jones will show selected pieces; 10 percent sale storewide. 10 a.m. at House of Stella
- Saturday, 24th
- Versace Men’s and Women’s Trunk Show: Versace representatives will be on hand to assist. 10 a.m. at Levy’s Clothier
- Katharine Kidd Fall Trunk Show: Spring 2012 stock will be available, and Kidd will make an appearance. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Gus Mayer
So, I hope this helps you find a way to enjoy to enjoy Nashville Fashion Week, even if you can’t attend the runway shows.