Brandy is one of my favorite singers. I’ve featured her numerous times on the blog. I have all her albums and I’ve met her (we had a long convo kissed me on the cheek so basically we are best friends). Anyway, Brandy is today’s #FabHistoryMonth spotlight as she is the first to do many things as a black woman in her line of work. Check it out:
- First black singer to get a Covergirl contract.
- First black woman to perform the role of Cinderella in a modern production.
- First black singer to have her own BARBIE!
- Only performer to win every category she’s been nominated in at the Billboard Music Awards
- RIAA diamond and platinum certified.