I’ve been blogging for like 17 million years, so I have about 49,000 posts about Wearing White After Labor Day. So, when I realized I hadn’t worn this CUTE dress from Ashley Stewart, it inspired me to write about the topic again. So, are we or are we NOT wearing white after Labor Day? Let’s discuss.
Summer is coming to a close but I can’t let it leave without wrapping up my FAVORITE campaign! The #ShowYourArms campaign was amazing for a second year in a row.As you know, the #ShowYourArms campaign is an online photo tagging campaign that was created to celebrate body positivity. The simple act of showing your arms (wearing a sleeveless shirt or dress) is one step to celebrate the body that you have right now. Sharing your body positive photo online can only help your other women feel more confident too!
This year I wanted to have more than 1000 tags. We didn’t quite reach that goal, but I was excited to receive the support of a some of the TOP Plus Size Blogger in the game including Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista, Cece Olisa the Founder of Curvy Con, Ty Alexander of Gorgeous In Grey , and Amber from Stye Plus Curves. Asking these ladies to join the movement was so scary for me to do. Everyone hates rejection! But they happily said yes, and I couldn’t be more pleased!
On top of that, so many readers from across the globe tagged their photos on Instagram and joined the movement! From Paris, to Holland, to right here in Nashville, everyday I saw new photos being tagged with the #ShowYourArms tag! This year we had 400 tags! Wow! And, when I attended the #TCFStyleExpo, I had so many ladies come to me saying how they were proud of the campaign.
So, THANK YOU! Thank you for participating, spreading the word, standing in solidarity, and being confident. Next year, oh, I got plans! We WILL hit the 1000 tag mark! But more importantly, we will set more women free to love the body they have, fat arms and all!
The #ShowYourArms squad is rolling DEEP for Summer 2017! Have you kept up worth the hashtag on Instagram? We are almost at 500 tags and that’s amazing. I’ve been overwhelmed by the support from the plus-size community and women in general.
You never know who’s struggling and who’s overcome their body image struggles. That’s why this campaign is not just for Plus-Size women, it’s for all women! So, check out the hashtag on all social media platforms and then, TAG YOUR PHOTOS! I want to see you #ShowYourArms this summer!
Hello August! Hey girl, when did YOU get here? Seems like I was just wishing for warm weather, now I’m hoping the summer will stay around a bit longer. And it will, because I live in Tennessee. We won’t feel the chill of cool air until October. So, let’s just bask in the HOT glory!
Anyway, what’s going on with Fabglance this month? Let’s see:
- Thanks for your comments on the new blog layout! Please be patient as we are continuing to work out the bugs of migrating EIGHT YEARS worth of posts to a new server. Forgive me if a link doesn’t go where it’s supposed to go.
- The #NashvilleCurves Swimsuit Shoot will drop on August 14th! I gave you a sneakpeek yesterday and that’s not even 10% of the awesomeness we have on deck! Can’t wait for you to meet these ladies!
- We have one month left for you to join the #ShowYourArms Squad! Just tag any pic on social media with the hashtag and help promote body positivity all summer! Photos are featured on my Instagram every Thursday and Friday!
- Did you know that ASHLEY STEWART, one of the country’s top plus-size retailers is coming to NASHVILLE! They are bringing their model search & fashion show to the Mall at Green Hills on August 12th! I’m a VIP correspondent for the event so you know I’ll keep you posted on the amazingness! I better see you there! CLICK HERE to RSVP
- I have a couple collaborations this month! I’m most excited about my partnership with BrewPass! Brewpass is a coffee service that allows you to save money if you buy coffee EVERYDAY! For a monthly fee you can get as much coffee as you’d like, from local coffee shops. You know I have a coupon code for you! Use the code ‘FABLOVESCOFFEE‘ to get $10 off membership or off an a la carte item!
- Oh yeah, BE MY GUEST, is coming back! There are some great music events at City Winery that I’ll have tix for! Make sure to sign-up for my newsletter to get details on free shows!
That’s about it … for right now! New posts go up weekly, check back daily for fun fashion info. What are you doing this month? Let’s talk about it on the comments section!
I know this is a weird title for an Outfit of the Day (#OOTD) post but I thought I’d address some stuff as it pertains to fashion and fatness. A couple of months ago I posted the look I wore for the Nashville Symphony Ball. As always, I post my looks on my instagram and wait for the likes and comments to roll in. Usually, my comments thread is pretty positive. But as the popularity grows, I see new followers and new commentary. On this day, when I posted my symphony story, someone made a snide comment about my fat arms.
Initially, I was a bit shocked. Like I said, I hadn’t received negative comments on my photos. That day was a different day. After my initial shock, I thought about it – people are so used to plus-size women covering up. EVEN in this day of plus-size model Tess Holiday, getting national and international modeling jobs, people still feel ‘some kinda way’ about big women being okay with her big-ness. Truthfully, I used to feel the same way . . .
The goal of the #ShowYourArms campaign is:
- Build self-esteem around the plus-size internet community
- Generate stronger self-worth with women in general
- Create an online community that increase awareness of plus-size fashion choices
Although this is targeted toward my plus-size family, I know several straight-sized women who have body image issues. Listen, women are routinely told that we aren’t ENOUGH. If you are straight-sized and want to #showyourarms, get in the game! Let’s all get free this summer!
Why should YOU #ShowYourArms this summer:
- Show your arms because it’s HOT outside!
- Show your arms because that outfit looks too fly to cover with a cardigan. Girl!
- Show your arms because God gave them to you and they are too beautiful to keep a secret!
- Show your arms because everyone else is doing it!
- Show your arms because who told you to hide them?
- Show your arms because they don’t want you to do it (MAJOR KEY!)
- Show your arms because you’ll encourage another girl to do it too!
This summer I start the #ShowYourArms campaign. Let me tell you it was one of the best ideas I created. Women around the country started sharing their photos and stories on Instagram. I received messages from women saying that they felt so liberated. I’m happy to have started this movement and I’m excited to see people continue to share their experiences. You better believe, next summer, the #ShowYourArms campaign will be better than ever.
Below, see the women I featured on my Instagram page. Make sure to check out the hashtag for even MORE photos. Thanks for sharing your fabulous summer!
On Wednesday, I started the #ShowYourArms campaign! The goal of this movement (yup I’m calling it a movement) is to encourage women to get more comfortable with their bodies. Having flabby, fat, or chunky arms seems to be a challenge for plus and straight sized women. I created this campaign to increase confidence, especially during this HOT summer months! (Dude, it’s supposed to be 100 degrees this weekend!)
This week’s outfit is all about the #ShowYourArms movement. I created this tank top (that I might start selling) as inspiration for this look. As you know, I love pairing high end items with more affordable items. TREND ALERT: Structured culottes are making a come back, and I’m here for it! Wearing a simple tank with a more polished pair of pants can take your chic level up to a 100% while making getting dressed much easier! I mean, two pieces and your are done, ready to start your day.
Give it a try. Find a cute tank, #showyourarms, and slay the day!