I never thought that I’D be saying this, but, we gotta let WHITE BOOTS cook for fall/winter. Man, listen! I always thought white boots looked like majorette boots. But, lately I’ve been seeing the celebs and IG influencers rocking white boots and it’s making me think I can give them some room for the season. So, I had to go to my polyvore page to play around with looks featuring white boots. After I created these looks, I think I’m sold, you should get some white boots this year. Let’s get into it:
As I’ve said before, the best way to embrace fall in the south is to rock summer style in fall colors. That’s why the denim-on-denim trend works so well right now. You can layer for those brisk mornings, while prepping to look casually fine at Happy Hour. Below, I spotlight three outfits to inspire you to rock DENIM on Denim! Believe, it’s all the rage! Let’s get started:
Hey Fab Family!
Just wanted to remind you to join the FabGlance Newsletter. Why should you sign up for the newsletter? Well, I know there’s a lot to read and you may not get to fabglance.com everyday. The newsletter gives you an amazing summary of what happened on the blog during that week.
Don’t worry, I spam you. You get one post a week. And sometimes, you’ll get first access to SHOPPING DEALS, contests, style tips, and motivation.
Thanks so much for your support! I work hard to make this the best style blog in the city of Nashville! Thanks for following!
CLICK HERE to join the Newsletter
I was really in my feelings about not attending New York Fashion Week this September! But I had to take those lowkey jealous feelings and turn them into something creative. So, I decided to check out some of my favorite NYFW street-style photogs and be inspired by fly fall style. NYFW (or any fashion week) is the perfect time to take a chance with fashion. Push the limit a bit, try something you’ve never tried, and add some FAB to your confidence. Get inspired by the looks below:
I know, I know, it’s still warm outside, especially in Tennessee. But, I’m already thinking about Fall 2017! Now, we are no where near pumpkin spiced lattes and lots of layer, but we can start adding some fall features to our hot weather looks. Below, I’ve assembled some very fab looks to help you transition into fall while still rocking summer style. Basically, how do you dress for fall when it’s still super hot?! Let’s get started!
Hello August! Hey girl, when did YOU get here? Seems like I was just wishing for warm weather, now I’m hoping the summer will stay around a bit longer. And it will, because I live in Tennessee. We won’t feel the chill of cool air until October. So, let’s just bask in the HOT glory!
Anyway, what’s going on with Fabglance this month? Let’s see:
- Thanks for your comments on the new blog layout! Please be patient as we are continuing to work out the bugs of migrating EIGHT YEARS worth of posts to a new server. Forgive me if a link doesn’t go where it’s supposed to go.
- The #NashvilleCurves Swimsuit Shoot will drop on August 14th! I gave you a sneakpeek yesterday and that’s not even 10% of the awesomeness we have on deck! Can’t wait for you to meet these ladies!
- We have one month left for you to join the #ShowYourArms Squad! Just tag any pic on social media with the hashtag and help promote body positivity all summer! Photos are featured on my Instagram every Thursday and Friday!
- Did you know that ASHLEY STEWART, one of the country’s top plus-size retailers is coming to NASHVILLE! They are bringing their model search & fashion show to the Mall at Green Hills on August 12th! I’m a VIP correspondent for the event so you know I’ll keep you posted on the amazingness! I better see you there! CLICK HERE to RSVP
- I have a couple collaborations this month! I’m most excited about my partnership with BrewPass! Brewpass is a coffee service that allows you to save money if you buy coffee EVERYDAY! For a monthly fee you can get as much coffee as you’d like, from local coffee shops. You know I have a coupon code for you! Use the code ‘FABLOVESCOFFEE‘ to get $10 off membership or off an a la carte item!
- Oh yeah, BE MY GUEST, is coming back! There are some great music events at City Winery that I’ll have tix for! Make sure to sign-up for my newsletter to get details on free shows!
That’s about it … for right now! New posts go up weekly, check back daily for fun fashion info. What are you doing this month? Let’s talk about it on the comments section!
When I saw these platform mules from Strategia, I knew I had to create a look! These mules are giving me UPDATED late 90’s vibes and I am HERE for it. I love a shoe that can give you a bit of height, but still be comfortable. So, I came up with this cute summer look to inspire you to run your errands in style!
I don’t know about you, but I ALWAYS end up running into someone I know (or someone I want to know better) when I’m looking busted and disgusted. So, I’ve been trying to make an effort to look a bit cuter when I’m out & about. I’m going to take my own advice, and find a similar look like the one above. You know I’ll post OOTD’s on my IG and on the blog!
WOULD YOU ROCK IT?
Right on time for this four day weekend, I had to give you some Summer Vacation outfit inspiration. I usually do a Fourth of July post, with a ‘red, white, and blue’ theme but I thought, “How cliche!” No fashionista I know would be THAT corny, but we do love adding elelments of the holiday in our otherwise cute looks. So, I decided to give you some non-traditional summer looks for your vacations and extended weekend trips.
This first look is casual and chic. I tried hate on the sudden Gucci love, but I LOVE these GG Marmont purses. I wanted show how you can rock a luxury bag with chill laid back accessories. And, y’all know how I love a New York Yankees fitted! I just think this look is so fly and fab.
Maybe this post should be called, “I tried not to like it, but now I do” – LOL! But I tried not to fall into the whole ‘rose gold’ and ‘blush pink’ vibe, but it looks SO good! I pulled these pieces for a cute summer Date Night look and/or girls night out event. And yes, it’s another Gucci bag! But DOGGONE IT their PR company must be working overtime because I’m in love! Oh yeah, get into denim skirts, they are the JAM!
This last look is for the pool. Well, brunch, then the pool. I’m loving the trend of embellished flats for the summer. Finally, we can take off the heels and still look cute. I’m telling you, get a pair of cute flats/slides, your feet will thank you.
So, I hope these outfits will help you look great this summer. Let me know how you will be spending your summer vacation.
It’s that time of year, it’s GRADUATION TIME! Congratulations to all the graduates! You did your best (or you barely made it) either way, you are walking across that stage! Of course, I have some style inspiration for those of you asking, ‘What to Wear’ to the ceremony! As a personal stylist (hire me) I believe in planning your day, dressing for the occasion, and staying comfortable as you stay chic!
So, here are my TOP TIPS for Graduation Day Style. Of course, click any photo for shopping links. Let’s get started:
- Please steam your cap & gown before the big day. Nothing is worse that taking photos with those package wrinkles jacking up your style!
- Make sure your dress or skirt IS NOT longer than your graduation gown. During the ceremony, you want the focus to be on your cap & gown.
- For the ceremony, wear BLACK, closed toe pumps with your cap and gown. I know, sounds boring, BUT you’ll thank me when you get your photos back. It just looks more professional and perfect for the occasion. If you don’t wear black, stick to CLOSED TOE shoes, not sandals.
- Speaking of shoes, make sure you know WHERE the ceremony is taking place. Inside ceremonies are great because you can wear any type of heal you’d like. Outside affairs call for a block or a wedge heel so you won’t sink into the soil. Remember, you can change you shoes when at the restaurant!
- Now it’s time to show them your LOOK! Once you take the gown off for your party or family meal, it’s time to show them your style. You’ll see three looks I’ve selected are all about simple style, great for photos, and comfortable to wear all day.
- Short sleeves under your gown will help you stay super cool during the uber-long ceremonies (why can’t they just call YOUR name already!).
I’m such a fan of a great circle skirt! If you follow me on the socials, you know I’m a skirt fanatic! This look is great for our prim & proper grads. Add this trendy and convenient Fujifilm Instax Mini camera to document the day. Don’t leave the photos in your cell phone! LOL!
This look is for our artistic grads! Who said you can’t wear pants to graduation. I love these fancy-pants and fun shoes. This look takes you from graduation, to family dinner, to the night out with your friends!
I love these looks for the stage or for a day out with friends. Need some help finding your Graduation Day style, hire me as your personal stylist for the day. I’ll have you looking fly.