Blogger vs. Influencer? It’s a discussion that’s become more prevalent as influencer marketing grows. Everyone wants to be popular online. Everyone wants followers. And, everyone wants to work with brands. But which lane is best… More
It’s okay to feel a way about a situation. Really. It is. You might have expected a different outcome. Maybe you are disappointed. Angry. Sad. Confused. So many times we try to push away negative feelings, only to be bombarded with a tidal wave of unwarranted emotion. Emotions so thick that you feel like you’re smothered and suffocated.
Fret not. It’s apart of being human. You’ve heard it before and you’ll hear it again: Everything won’t go your way. So. Feel your feelings. Sit with your disappointment, then move along little lady. You’ve got work to do. True, there’s no time limit on sadness and it often lasts longer than what we’ve been prepared for. But know, above the flood, is a life jacket, and it’s just waiting for you to reach up.
The first Monday in May, it’s Met Gala day! Today is the day we get to judge celebrities who earn much more than us while they attend an event that is more expensive than a semester at college! But for real though, the Met Gala red carpet is one of my favorite carpets of the year. It’s the time when couture fashion can be center stage! The bigger the better. The more beads the better. Just do the most! But stay on theme!
This year’s Met Gala theme is: “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” Attendees need to rely heavily on religious influence for their looks! Especially Catholicism, seeing as this year’s exhibit has been approved by the Vatican! Tickets are $30,000 a pop and proceeds go towards the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Heavenly Bodies Exhibit is on display through the summer.
But lets get to my choices for Best Dressed this year! My selections are based on those celebs who stuck to the theme, bought the FAB, and just made me smile! Let’s go!
Rihanna came through and put the pope to SHAME! I mean, I don’t know when she started slaying the Met Gala, but when she popped, she just didn’t stop! Good Lord!
Blake Lively, my personal fashion queen, hit the scene wearing custom Versace. It’s said that designers worked for more than 600 hours on her look. She wore a half-million dollars worth of jewelry! Whew!
Queen Cardi and Baby Bardie attended their first Met Gala wearing this embellished Jeremy Scott gown. OMG! Cardi looked amazing and really happy. I hope she had fun, because she was the best dressed for me!
If Rihanna is the Queen of the Met Gala, then Zendaya is the princess. Seriously, she and her team ALWAYS get it right. This is Zendaya’s fourth appearance at the Gala and she killed it in this Versace chain mail ensemble, channeling Joan of Arc.
JLo can’t stop! She came to the party dressed in Balmain depicting a stain glassed window in a cathedral! OK NOW! And, can we talk about her toned legs? GEESH!
Very rarely, men get it right on ANY red carpet. Male celebs don’t step out of the box, no matter what the theme. But our fave, Chadwick Boseman, took it to the next level wearing this amazing look.
Ariana Grande gave us art at the museum show with this strapless Vera Wang dress depicting Michelangelo’s Last Judgement. The songstress looked ethereal!
Instagram Influencer turned model/actress, Jasmine Sander, aka @golden_barbie, attended her first Met Gala draped in an H&M (hmmm) molten gold dress.
Last, but certainly not least, is Alek Wek wearing another H&M custom gown featuring a mosaic inspired cape. Hand beading, gems, and pearls, made her dress one of the most opulent on the red carpet.
As I pull up my pajama pants and put on my nerd glasses, I’m happy that most of the celebs stuck to the theme. I expected to see more nunnery inspired looks, but I was happy to read the stories behind the designs.
Who wore your fave look? Comment below.
I’m sorry (but not sorry) I haven’t written a new blog post in two weeks. I needed a break. Plus, I’m always telling my Blogger Baes to take breaks, but I never take a break. What kind of advice is that. But I’m back and I got a good topic this week: WEIGHT-LOSS!
I was scared to write this post because I’ve written this type of post about 50 times. It’s the post where I declare I’m gonna get fit (or snatched, steal-yo-daddy sized, skinny!). I’m scared to write this post because I’ve accomplished this goal a couple times and I’ve failed plenty more. I’m scared to start this journey again because I’m scared I’ll fail. But I’m tired of hoping to wake up smaller and more fit. I know I need to try again. I’m worth it.
As an adult, the smallest number I’ve seen on the scale was 297 lbs. Now, I know a couple of y’all edges just flew off because that’s still considered ‘big’. I mean, that’s bigger than some football players. But, the way my body (pear shaped) and my height (6ft tall) works, it looked GOOD. As a plus-sized woman and BLOGGER, I always feel pressure to talk about my weight. Either we should be talking about losing weight or talking about how happy we are to be big. What if you are stuck in the middle: a little bit happy, a little bit scared, and a little bit over-it in general? That’s me.
See, I’ve been a BIG GIRL all my life and I’ve never seen a day where I’ve been considered THIN or SKINNY. Came in this world at almost 10lbs and 21″. I was taller than most classmates AND teachers until high-school; thank God those boys started to grow! Then when I got to college, I actually lost a bunch of weight. I was poor, hungry, and I worked a lot. I came home and my family was so proud of my weight-loss – not much mention about those good grades (more on that later). Then I graduated and got a job: free corporate lunch and spending money. I got big again. Biggest I’d ever been (until now). To my luck, I found an amazing job at the YMCA. That job afforded me free gym membership and access to the internet. I was printing off recipes and working out five times a week, sometimes doing two-a-days. Girl, I was FIT!!!!! I could see two ab muscles!
Then, my grandma died, I started grad school, and I broke up with a long time ‘on again, off again’ boyfriend (This was the base of Jack & Ahlia‘s childhood story). I was stressed and crushed. I gained the weight back. Partly because grad school was so time consuming and I was, yet again, struggling with money. But, wanting to look good at graduation, I snapped back into gym life and lost a nice bit of weight.
Fast forward to now, Yup, I’m big again. I’m 5lbs bigger than I’ve ever been! Whew just typing that gave me the vapors. My clothes fit weird, my face is chunky, and wearing heels makes my knees hurt. In the past three years I’ve gone through a lot: death of a partner, leaving a job, horrendous money issues, loss of friends, and general depression. Still, I’ve taken these photos, wrote this blog, and posed for my life. Seriously, if it wasn’t for the blog and you guys, my readers, I’d be in a PIT of despair.
As the title states, I was scared to start again. Like really. For the most part, I’m a pretty confident girl, but even I can see the surprise on the faces of people who haven’t seen me in a long time. That, “you look nice, but wow you’re much bigger than I thought!” look. I saw it when i went home for Christmas. I saw it when I went to recent fashion event. I’m tired of seeing that face. I’m ready to be comfortable in my body. The only thing that helps is knowing, if I did it before, I can do it again.
I’m turning 40 in June. In my mind I want to take these epically gorgeous 40th Birthday Photos. Now, I know science and math, it’s just April, no way I’ll be at my goal weight by my birthday. But I want to walk into my birthday month feeling strong and consistent. I may be down 20lbs or just 10lbs. Either way, I’ll be back on the wagon and feeling better. I know I can do this!
Are you starting a weight loss, fitness, or health journey? Let me know how you feel about starting again. I’ll share updates on my socials and I may even bring back my YouTube channel! Either way, I’ll keep you posted. I’m not scared anymore!
Oh yeah, I already have my plan. I know what to eat and how to work out. Different plans work for different people. I know you want to leave your miracle plan in the comments but I’m GOOD on that. I’ve consulted my doctor and done my googles.
If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t been pumping out the blog posts like usual. Why? I’ve hit a blogging plateau. A rut, some might say. Like me, has your blog traffic decreases? Instagram followers not growing? Facebook likes, dwindling? Then this post is for you! Much like writer’s block, a blogging plateau is when the content you create isn’t bringing the readership you desire. Basically, you sit in front of your computer like, “WTF am I doing and why isn’t it working?!” That’s where I am.
With more than 10 years in the game, I’m half tired, a third happy, and kinda disappointed in my success. At one time my blog was ranked NUMBER ONE on Google for, ‘Top Style & Fashion Blog – Nashville’. I know, right?! Then one time i was voted one of Nashville Scene’s ‘Most Interesting People‘; a spot previously held by the UBER-successful blogger, happily grey. You couldn’t tell me I wasn’t about to get a million dollar deal! I can speak on many other accolades I’ve received, but that’s not we are here for.
What we are here for is some tips to help you (and me) get out of our slump. Seriously, it’s a frustrated place to be. Especially when you know you want to give the people MORE than a cute look and sponsored post. #NoShade because I got a couple sponsored posts in the pipeline. But what’s the point of soliciting brands if the readers don’t care. SO, I had to do my googles and help myself find some inspiration. Below, I have THREE tips to get you out of your Blogger Funk.
- Remember why you started – I know its MAD cliche but it’s real. If we continue to get caught up in the numbers and the popularity you give yourself a heart attack. Yes, I need the readers to read, to like, and to share but not at the sake of my sanity. I started this blog to help women realize fashion is for THEM no matter your size. Sometimes, the goal changes. But your core beliefs should not. No matter what I am blessed to experience, my aim is to share my life with an inspirational and motivational tone. As the internet says, ‘Stay in your lane AND slay in your lane’.
- Take tips from your faves – After remembering why I started, I had to research some of my FAVORITE bloggers turned business women. Each of these women encompass traits that I want to improve upon: building nationwide brand recognition, transiting to other forms of media (books, magazines, & podcasts), while being amazingly STYLISH. Claire Summers (Fashion Bomb Daily), has amazing style while operating the TOP 10 style blog on Google. Blogger and Motivational Influencer, Mattie James mixes motivation and style to encourage followers to find success. Franchesca Ramsey has been in the game for over a decade (like me) and is now an author, host, and speaker, but previously a youtuber and graphic designer. And Necole Kane is just the FREAKING GOAT! She went from #gossipblogger to motivational maven all while PUBLICLY losing and internally winning. I read these women like the Bible and hope to build platforms that mirror their success.
- Set a goal, and stick to it! – After scouring the Internet for tips and tricks to get more readers to my blog and get more people to follow me on Instagram, the overwhelming advice was to BE CONSISTENT! Yup, good ol’ fashion hardworking is what will help you bring success. I used to blog three times a week. Haven’t kept that schedule. I used to post on Instagram three times a day. Haven’t done that either. What’s the point of asking for more follower if you don’t give them something to appreciate. The hard work will pay off.
- Dissect your analytics – Now, not to be too technical, but blogging is a combo of LUCK and science. As much as we can complain about changing algorithms and shady corporate moves, we are still blessed to have access to the NUMBERS. The numbers don’t lie. Take a look at your bounce rate, share stats, and audience engagement across the platforms. See any trends? See something you don’t like? Fix it! Yup, it may be hard, but it’s not impossible. Señora Google and Señor YouTube are always available to give you FREE advice.
- The best writers are READERS – Yup, don’t expect for someone to show you love if you don’t show others love. Don’t just follow your faves on Instagram, read their blogs, and subscribe to their newsletters (subscribe to mine). You may notice their tone and content make the reader feel a certain way. This may help you update your tone. Also, reading more helps you be more savvy with these paragraphs. BLOGGING isn’t dead, but well-written posts are hard to come by.
So, you’ll be seeing some changes in the next couple of weeks. Make sure to follow me on the socials and subscribe to my blog to get all this new and improved content. Also, drop suggestion in the comments to let me know what you’d like to see on this space. You CAN break the Blogging Plateau and I will too!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEW FAB FRIDAYnewsletter! I promise it’s short, sweet, and fabulous!
If you follow me on Instagram, @fabglance, you have been hearing me talk about how I’m overcoming the FEAR OF MISSING OUT – #FOMO.
Listen, at one time your girl was ALWAYS on the scene. Always. If something was happening, I was there. But after quitting my job last year, trying to find myself, having a bunch of fails, and eventually finding my way back to balancing working and blogging, I had a fear that people wouldn’t care about the FABGLANCE lifestyle anymore. I found myself looking at other people’s Instagram posts saying, “It should have been me!”
Then Jesus came for my neck and was like “GIRL, get your mind right! If it should have been you, it would have been you! Period.”
Fear of missing out or FoMO is “a pervasive apprehension that others might be having rewarding experiences from which one is absent”. This social anxiety is characterized by “a desire to stay continually connected with what others are doing”. (source)
I know I’m not the only person who has uttered the words, “It should have been me.” Once you set yourself on that road, you start comparing your gifts and abilities to someone else. And, girl, you about to head down a slippery slope. You’re about to head into the world of jealousy, anxiety, depression, and anger. In this world of social media and blogging (and just living life), it’s hard to NOT compare. It’s hard not being the first to know and the first on the scene.
Through meditation and prayer, I was able to figure out five reasons why you don’t need to have FOMO and it probably shouldn’t have been you in the first place. Let’s get it:
- You weren’t qualified – Oh, this is a hard one to swallow. But the reality is, if it was you, you would have been prepared. You may not be qualified to be in the position you seek. Not saying that you can’t get there tomorrow, next month, or next year, but TODAY, you don’t have the credentials. Get to work. Then you’ll see your name on the list.
- You were over-qualified – On the opposite, you are TOO qualified to be in the place you think you should be. Girl, you got TOO MUCH SAUCE! Being over-qualified can be a lonely road but you are on the right track. God is prepapring your to be bigger and better than you’ve ever imagined. However, preperation often happens in hidden spaces.
- That’s not your track – Oh, you wanna be OVER THERE, doing THAT? Sorry, that’s not your path and that’s not your lane. That is not where you are supposed to be. When you realize this, it’s time to reevaluate your plan and seek what truly matters. Sometimes when you THINK you are supposed to be in a spot, it’s really not for you. Yeah it looks fun, but it not for you.
- That’s not your tribe – Yeah, not to get all mystical magical, but those people you might be idolizing – that ain’t your tribe baby! I know you feel like they are the cool clique, I know. They are sparkly, they are fun, they look like they are supporting each other, but girl, it ain’t your tribe. Your tribe will come. It will. Also, you may have grow out of your tribe. Life is always moving and we must move with it, even if it means leaving your faves behind.
- God has a different plan – And this is the real deal. As a believer, I’m influenced by the bible and what it says for my life. Often, God has a totally different plan for you time and your talent! Let him guide your hustle. I swear you’ll find yourself in rooms that you only dreamed you’d be in.
Being the best is often a lonely road. You have to practice, research, and produce in spaces where you are alone. No one wants to watch you read 45 articles about “The hottest trends for Spring.” But when you get the call to be on that show where they need an expert, guess who’s ready! YOU! If you are in a lonely season and you feel like no one is calling your name, don’t fret. You aren’t missing out. You are being set up to be set apart.
Let me know, in the comments, if you’ve experienced a season like this? Let’s support each other!
Last week I hosted my very first book signing event for my book, Jack and Ahlia. Oh my, what an adventure! Of course everything that could go wrong, did (outfit change, mistaken haircut, books coming in late). BUT everything that could go right was MORE than perfect! From the location, to the treats, to everyone who brought a friend, I was overwhelmed with love and support!
White Bison Coffee was the spot for the event. The staff at White Bison was amazing! They made amazing treats and coffee drinks for all my guests. Seriously, White Bison is one of my FAVORITE new coffee spots in Nashville. Located in the newly updated Centennial industry area, you’ll get an amazing cup of coffee and delicious homemade treats.
After everyone had their treats and their book we held a Q&A about the characters and the story of Jack and Ahlia. Thank you to fellow blogger, Karla B (Your Truly, KB) for hosting the session. Y’all, she asked all the deep questions. She had me thinking about the themes of love, loss, and friendship (covered in the book). More than a romance novel, I wanted to discuss how/what causes people to make the decision to betray.
Then it was time to sign all the books! Listen, every since I was in the 7th grade I’ve wanted to write a book. My degree in English was obtained just so I could do it. I have to admit that fear caused me to pause my dream. But, no more. After completing this project, I’m ready to start the next book! I’m an author y’all and I’m not afraid to say it.
I guarantee, I’ll make my first million dollars from one of my books. I have so many amazing ideas floating around and I can’t wait to develop these new characters. I’m happy you guys are along for the ride. How many times can I say “Thank you!”? The limit does not exist!
Oh yeah, books are available on Amazon AND I have a couple books available that can be signed and sent out to you. Just send me an email and I got you!
Shout out to my vendors: Draping & Design – Exquisite Appeal, Food and Beverage – White Bison TN, Makeup – ShowMeYourTeeth, and Photography – Patrick Webster.
I wrote a book, y’all!
Purchase your copy of Jack and Ahlia today!
I’m so excited to have my first feature of 2018 in FabUPlus magazine! Yes! The team at FabUPlus contacted me about their Spring 2018 Issue, ‘Athleisure’ Story. Y’all know I’m the queen of sneakers and dresses! I was more than happy to supply the magazine with a photo in one of my fave looks:
This bomb body con dress & clutch from ASOS (2015) and one of my fave pairs of sneakers, the Airmax 90s are a GREAT example of rocking the ATHLEISURE trend. Seriously, this is my summer uniform and I’m not ashamed. As a matter of fact, let me stock up on more body con dresses for Summer 2018. I’ve already made a commitment to update my sneaker collection, can’t tell me nuthin. Athleisure is all about mixing the glam with the comfy! Can I be the formal representative of this campaign? Because I GET IT!
Anyway, when it comes to #Bloggerlife, this photo is an example of what I posted last week on Blogging While Broke – using photos repeatedly. This photo was taken back in 2015 (maybe 2014). Anyway, I was able to use it again for this story. Get all your money’s worth when hiring a photog. BLOGGER TIP: If the photo is awesome, your readers need to see it at least two times.
So, check out the Spring 2018 Issue of FabUPlus. Denise Mercedes is on the cover and the issue is all about plus-fitness. You can pick up a copy at Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million!
How do you produce amazing blogs when you have zero dollars in your bank account? Let’s talk about it! ‘I love us FOR REAL!’, but a lot of bloggers are BROKE. Don’t let these photos fool you. Sometimes, the blog barely gives you enough money for a cup of coffee. Below, I give you FIVE tips to help turn a profit, gain popularity, and not lose your mind in this #BloggerLife!
I’ve been blogging for almost 11 years and the number one question I receive is, “How do you make money by blogging?” I would love to fill the listener’s ear with stories about sponsored trips, mailboxes full of products, and closets filled with clothes. But truthfully it takes ALOT of hard work to get to that level.
Truth is, most bloggers make $3.50 a day! A recent survey of 1500 bloggers told the real story: 7% surveyed make $1000 – $10k a month, while 9% make over $10k but FAR less than a million (source). With more than THREE MILLION bloggers out there, you have to be really CONSISTENT to get to the top. Oh yeah, most bloggers have a FULL-TIME job (like me) and they blog! It’s tiring and It’s hella frustrating as you attempt to balance two lives while not comparing your blog to the girl who’s ‘not as cute as you’ but still posting pictures from Paris!
How much you could make would depend on several factors, including how often you blog, the quality of your content, how competitive your topic is, and how effective you are at building an audience and generating traffic. Plus a generous sprinkling of luck.
So let’s focus on the PLAN. Many think you need to have BIG BUCKS to create these gorgeous blog posts. And while that may be true, some practical techniques can get more eyes on your posts and more coins in your pockets. Let’s get started.
- Ask Questions, Make Friends, Join Groups – New blogger, new niche, or new routine? It’s time for you to ask questions and make friends. Before you write your first paragraph, identify bloggers in your niche. Send emails that ask SPECIFIC questions about growth and failures. Offer to buy them a cup of coffee for their time. Make friends with new bloggers, like you. Join blogging groups that discuss your frustrations. I gurantee these actions will help you save money in the LONG RUN. People are always eager to share stories of success and failure. Glean from them! BONUS: New blogger friends can be a source of sharing when it comes to equipment, photography, and ‘plus one’ invites to swanky activities.
- Teach Yourself – Yes, girl, USE THAT GOOGLE MACHINE! Before you could buy these blogging classes and online tutorials, you just had to RESEARCH. I taught my self some Level 1 coding, I taught myself how to use my iphone effectively, I taught myself how to edit photos, and even I taught myself how to do my make-up better. All by doing my googles and watching HOURS of YouTube! Whatever you are trying to learn, I gurantee theres a FREE way to figure it out. Then, revert back to step 1, ask a friend to help too.
- Join #TeamRepeat – When it comes to blogging, photos go a long way! Followers are visual and there’s no getting around the fact that you need photos for your blog. As a style blogger, I always feel ADDED pressure to give you the fashionable looks. When you are a NEW blogger, take a couple photos, and repeat them on your social media posts and EVEN your blog. The photos I’m using today, were used in a 2016 post about Nashville Fashion Week. Remember, everyday you are gaining new followers who have NEVER seen your photos or your posts. Repurpose previous photos, update older blogposts, and keep sharing links on social media.
- Write Guest Posts – Yes, want to get more eyes on your posts without spending money? Provide you blogging services to a business owner, family member, or fellow blogger. It’s a great way to make some quick cash and a way to promote your content. Also, as you practice your writing skills, it makes you more valuable to brands. They’ll know you are capable of writing great posts.
- Budget for your blog – As the saying goes, “you have to spend money to make money.” When I first started blogging, I spent way too much money too early in the game. When I revamped my blog, five years in, I set up a blog budget. I may not be able to afford my favorite photog for EVERY post, but I can save money to pay her for my most important posts. I may only have $50 to spend on my blog, I can buy new business cards or pay for my domain. Those are small money saving actions that can help you turn a major profit . . . in the long run.
- BONUS: MAKE A BLOGGING SCHEDULE AND STAY CONSISTENT! – even when I didn’t have fancy outfit of the day photos and I wasn’t getting invited to events. I still blogged FIVE DAYS A WEEK! The archives are there, take a look. I couldn’t afford Louboutin shoes (still can’t), but I did my googles, sourced some photos, did some research and wrote a post about Louboutin Shoes! That post got me invited to the Green Hills Nordstrom Grand Opening in 2011. If you are travel blogger, that can’t travel yet, write posts about your DREAM vacations. I’m telling you, it works. As I developed my niche and my interests, I posted less but with more intention. Still, my readers can expect at LEAST two posts a week. Try consistency before you spend a DIME!
You notice I didn’t talk about getting attention from brands. That’s a whole other topic that I’m STILL working on. But what’s the point of you EXPECTING a brand to use you, if you can’t build a following, write fresh stories, and use your resources? You worried about the wrong things!
If you can master the tips above, you’ll see your readership jump! Be more than a pretty face, help someone with your posts. Yes, girl, blogging is usually a hobby that turns into a passion project that CAN turn into a full time job. Blogging is frustrating, but if you stay consisitent, make friends, budget, and do your research, you’ll make it in the blogging game!
I believe in YOU! Did these tips help? Let me know in the comment section.
Also, wanna partner with me? CLICK HERE!
Hello March and Hello HUSTLE! It’s GO TIME on fabglance.com. It’s the beginning of HUSTLE SEASON! Spring brings warmer weather and more activities. Expect to see me out & about, selling books, getting fit, and prepping for summer! No more time for cozy night of ‘Netflix & Chill’, Cookies & Cozy, or Drinks & Distractions! I got places to go and people to see!
What’s going on with FabGlance in MARCH?
Well, over at Team Fabglance, it’s BOOK SELLING SEASON! I’d like to thank everyone for purchasing a copy of Jack and Ahlia! Sales are going great, but it’s time to KICK IT UP A NOTCH! Make sure to get you ticket for the official book signing event, MARCH 17th, at While Bison Coffee. Tickets are available on Eventbrite and include a copy of the book plus refreshments.
Oh yeah! For the month of MARCH, you can DOWNLOAD your copy of Jack and Ahlia for $0.99! Yup! OR if you buy the paperback ($9.99) on amazon, you get a digital download for FREE. It’s my way of making the book accessible for everyone. Oh yeah, I have a FIVE STAR rating on Amazon. *insert smile emoji*
Oh yeah, it’s FASHION SEASON in Nashville. With Nashville Fashion Week heading up the season, expect to see me at tons of fashion and festive events. You know I’ll take you with me. From art exhibits to movie premieres, expect to see me on the scene. Make sure to follow me on INSTAGRAM for all the details.
In addition to Nashville Fashion Week, I’m excited to be on the creative team for the Elegant Ladies Fashion Show 2018! You know this is one of my favorite events to work with because their show not only spotlights FASHION but dedicated money to scholarship for women going to college. Fashion & education! Yes!
Ok, I’m sure I’m missing out on some stuff. But those are big events in prepping for. Follow me on the socials -> @fabglance EVERYWHERE. Of course I’ll be hitting you with some #BloggerLife posts, some outfit inspo, and motivation. Thanks so much for rocking with me! Let’s impress ourselves this month!
The 2nd annual Nashville Fashion Week Blogger Brunch was amazing! Thank you to the team at Nashville Fashion Week for asking me to co-host this event. I’m always excited to see my blogger baes out and about and for the start of the fashion season in the city. Let talk about what we did and what I wore:
The Blogger Brunch, held at the Thompson Hotel’s L.A. Jackson rooftop restaurant, was a great time to network, take photos, and learn more about what’s gonna happen at Nashville Fashion Week 2018. Seriously, make your way to this boutique hotel, the restuarants are so fly. It’s a bit of fancy right in the middle of the city.
Nashville Fashion Week, 2018, is gonna be pretty freaking amazing, so you better get your tickets soon. The best change is that the event will take place in one place, OZ Arts Nashville. This allows the team and production staff to transform the space into a different vibe, EVERY NIGHT. Also, it makes it easy on attendee: More accessible parking, location recognition, affordable pricing.
Also, I have to mention the increased DIVERSITY in the show. From designers, to models, to marketing, I see NFW really making an effort to include more people of color in the production. We know, black and brown people are underepresented in the fashion industry, so it’s always good to take note when postive changes are being made.
So, what did your girl wear? LISTEN! I had to stunt on them real quick with this embroidered a-line bomber from Eleven60. Y’all this jacket is amazing. I chose to wear it with an ivory body-con dress and sandals. This is the type of item that speaks for itself and needs no help!
Y’all! Get into it! Seriously, I felt like a trendy princess. I loved the length too! Being 6ft tall, I barely get items that are as long as they are on the model. And the embroidery is to die for! So beautiful and so detailed.
Once again, thank to the team at Nashville Fashion Week for inviting me to be a co-host for the annual Blogger Brunch. It was amazing to see all these hardworking & stylish individuals combine our powers for sartorial success and supporting Nashville’s independent fashion creators. We are officially in the mix for fashion season in Nashville. Get ready to see more coverage of Nashville Fashion Week pre-events. Hope to see you at the event!
(feature photo by Leah Harrington)