Today marks the release of Beyonce fourth studio album. I had the pleasure of listening to a copy of Beyonce’s new project, 4, before it was released to the public.
At the time, Beyonce and her mega marketing team, had released three songs: 1+1, Run the World (Girls), and Best Thing I Never Had. I immediately love 1+1 but the others had yet to grow on me. After listening to the project for the last couple of days, there’s no doubt the girl is gonna go gold (500,000 units) by the end of the week and be platinum by the end of the year. It’s Beyonce.
Below is my song by song rundown of Beyonce’s new album, 4. Oh yeah. let’s give it up for these awesome promo pictures – that girl can slay a photo shoot:
- 1+1– Lingering ballad produced The Dream
- I Miss You – Another ballad, makes you wish you had a mate to miss.
- Party, feat Andre 3000 – This is the song you play when getting ready to go out on the town. Kanye’s intro and Andre’s verse sum up a fab night with the ladies.
- Rather Die Young – Yes, another ballad, starts off a bit slow (you might mistake and skip it) but keep listening and you’ll love the lyrics and the arrangement.
- Love on Top – This song makes sounds like what Diana Ross would sing if she’d made an album in 2010. It’s so fly, and it had a ‘church-a-fied’ breakdown at the end.
- Countdown, feat Boyz II Men – LOVE LOVE LOVE this song. I’ve probably played this on about 30 times. The arrangement may seem wonky upon first listen, but it will grow on you.
- End of Time – I just started liking this song after I watched her Glastonbury performance this weekend. This song makes you want to dance!
This album is not as consistent as B’Day (A masterpiece in my opinion) and not as edgy as I am . . . Sasha Fierce. It’s actually like those two albums had a baby . . . .yup, that’s exactly what it is.
I’m sure you’re gonna like this album. Let me know in the comments box. Happy Beyonce Day!!
|Purchase Beyonce’s Deluxe version of 4 at Target stores or TARGET.COM|