As a person who loves fashion, I sometimes see fashion mistakes. Some websites and blogs make their money from displaying people’s faults and bad decisions. I decided that my blog would not be about that. I have decided to stay positive and only comment to HELP those in need of some assistance when it comes to fashion mishaps and bad decisions.
Last time I talked about the thong situation that is plaguing America. I rec’d a great response from young ladies ready to face facts about their thong mistakes. However, I received more feedback about today’s topic: Muffin Tops, specifically, extra chunkage hanging over the front and sides of your jeans.
Muffin tops and love handles are mysterious creatures. Sometimes you’ve had them so long, you can’t remember when they arrived or one day you wake up and here it is. Maybe you had a baby or started a new job where food is ever-present. Don’t worry, I’m not talking bad about you, I’m going to help. I had to take hold of my muffin top situation a few years back, after I saw a picture of myself from behind. It was a sad day, but I had to face the facts and do something.
- Go to a store and get correctly sized for jeans. Places like the Gap, Guess, <a href="http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/home.do?tid=brgobue8t&kwid=1&ap=7&sem=true&mkwid=695ZoAH2&adid=onanan+erchoyvpBanana Republic, etc, will measure you accurately. Or you can measure yourself like this:
- Measure your waist (where your naval sits) and hips with the measuring tape a bit loose. Note that your actual waist measurement will not equal jean waist size. For example, a person with a 26-inch waist typically wears jeans with a 28-inch waist.
- To get your inseam, take a pair of pants that fit well and measure from the crotch down.Refer to the seller’s sizing chart to see which size is best for you.
- Remember, despite sizing charts, some makers will run smaller than others. Don’t get the smaller size just because you want a smaller number on a tag [no one will see]. For example, Seven for All Mankind jeans tend to run smaller than Citizens of Humanity jeans. So, when buying Seven jeans, opt for a size larger than you might normally choose.
- Once you have your measurements, it’s your job to find a designer that works right for you. I love Old Navy Jeans because they have one of the largest selections of jeans for tall girls. Also their online selection is great too, especially for plus size.
One thought on “Let’s Talk: Muffin Tops”
I enjoyed reading this article! Really love the dress over jeans idea.