|Kourtney Kardashian rocks the Tom Ford Nikita sunglasses
Although you can wear sunglasses year round, there’s something about buying a new pair for the summer. Maybe it’s the thought of laying on the beach or kicking it pool side watching the boys go by that makes a girl want to buy a new pair of frames.
So let’s take a look at the hottest frames on the market right now. In no particular order, here’s a list of my favorite sunglasses for 2011.
Can you spot the trends?
Prada Round-frame acetate sunglasses – $290
– Round frame sunglasses are cool trend for the summer. While aviator shades have held down the sunglasses trend for years, round frames are coming back in part to the current minimalist styles like color blocking. However, the fancy scroll work on the side is totally 2011 and only for the suave fashionista.
Color Block Wayfarer by Ray-Ban – $145
– Ray-Ban sunglasses are definitely for the cool kids. This iconic shape, the Wayfarer (developed in 1952), is a hit with Hollywood elite, new millennium hipsters, and fashionistas who know a good trend. This year Ray-Ban offered new colors to their traditional design. This sherbet color block confection is perfect for the beach!
Tortoiseshell Round Oversize Sunglasses By Squint Topshop – 45.00
– Like I mentioned above, round frames are in right now and the tortoise shell design is very traditional. So when you mix a trend with tradition you get an instant hit. Oh yeah, over sized frames are always on time. Oh how I wish Nashville had a Topshop, I’d be in the store buying these!
Tom Ford Nikita – $229
– I spotted these fabulous cat-eyed frames on Kourtney Kardashian (pictured above) and I fell in love. Traditional cat-eye frames are a bit smaller, but the Tom Ford Nikita frames are over sized to perfection giving the wearer a more contemporary feel. I think I love these the most!Get the cheaper yet FLY version HERE!!
Thierry Lasry Excity Sunglasses Classic Tortoise – $375
– These hand-made tortoise sunglasses have easily crept up into my top 5 category. Something about these simplistic design that speaks to me. Also, the light gradient shade make these the perfect sunglasses to wear all day (an not make you look like a creeper-stalker).
So, I hope you found some shades that you want to add to your collection. Worried about the price tags? Well cool replicas of your favorite shapes can be found at Forever 21
, Target, Urban Outfitters
, and local boutiques. Happy shopping!